Please inquire about overnight rates directly at the Ringhotel »Zum Stein«
The neo-classical watchhouse on the banks of the »Großes Wallloch« (lit. Great Dyke Hole – a lake formed by receding floods) was built in 1772. It emerged after designs by Friedrich Wilhelm von Erdmannsdorff, at a time when construction work at Schloss Wörlitz was still underway under his direction. The ground floor historically contained a stove – otherwise it was used to house tools for flood protection.
The elegant upper floor with its stuccoed walls served Prince Franz as occasional accommodation. From here he enjoyed the view across the water in a westerly direction towards the Schloss and St. Peter’s Church.
The house was refurbished in 2005/06. It is equipped with a small kitchen, bath tub and toilet on the ground floor as well a lounge and bedroom on the upper floor. Bookings can be made via the Hotel »Zum Stein«, which is located about 800 meters from the house.